Saturday, May 24, 2008

Nashville News

We've been in Nashville two days and had a great time exploring the city. We've both been here before, but never for this length of time together.

We got in yesterday too late to visit any sites, so we went to see the new Indiana Jones movie. Eh; we weren't as impressed as the critics.

Following the movie, we visited the "Aquarium" restaurant at Opry Mills Mall. The place has two tanks filled with tropical fish and other sea creatures. You're paying for a lot of atmosphere, but it was really cool.

The best part of today's time around town was the visit to the Country Music Hall of Fame. I must admit, although I genuinely like country music, I'm a nominal fan at best. But I thoroughly enjoyed the history, music and discoveries of today's time at the museum. Our visit also included a stop at RCA's Studio B, the place where numerous chart-topping hits were recorded between 1957 and 1977. I'm sitting at the piano played by Elvis and Roy Orbison, just to name a couple. I don't care who you are, or what style of music draws you, touching that kind of history is incredible!

No comments: