Friday, February 22, 2008

Thoughts to Ponder

In addition to quotes by Einstein, each day on my Google homepage, I'm also amused with "Thoughts to Ponder" akin to the Saturday Night Live Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey. Who, by the way, I recently learned is a real person. He's not just a made-up character of the SNL writers. Even better, he's a native of San Antonio and El Paso! He's published nearly half-a-dozen books and numerous articles, but I don't recommend them for family-style entertainment.

Anyway, here are some of the recent thoughts you might like to ponder with me:
Why do croutons come in air-tight packages? They're stale bread.

Why are there phone bills in a country with freedom of speech?

Why is it when you get from here to there, you're still here and not there?

Why isn't "phonic" spelled the way it sounds?

Why do scientists call it research when they are looking for something new?

Why do banks charge you a "non-sufficient funds" fee on money they already know you don't have?
[For my husband:] Who took the bite out of the Apple logo?

[And my personal favorite:] If the cops arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to remain silent?

Comments welcome; especially if you've got one to share!

No comments: