Thursday, January 24, 2008

American Gladiators

Ok, so here's a confession you probably never wanted to know. I think the show American Gladiators is somewhat interesting. Now, don't get me wrong, I think Hulk Hogan and Laila Ali are the worst television hosts since Pee Wee Herman, but the actual competition kinda impresses me. (Minus the creepy women on testosterone.) And I love to watch Greco-Roman wrestling with its actual rules and limits . . . and clothing. On the other hand, I've never had a remote interest in "professional" wrestling, even when the Von Erich brothers came to town in 1986. Wasn't a fan then, either.

The reason this comes to mind is a quote I found today from Jay Leno:

"The show American Gladiators is a big hit on NBC. This show is for people who like professional wrestling but are unable to follow the plot."
I think I'm insulted.

No comments: